- Student Board Representative, Hailie Webster reported on events taking place at Escalon High School.
- Superintendent Costa reported the district received Williams Uniform complaints for the quarter ending January 15, 2019.
- Pauline Tokunaga of Cichella & Tokunaga, LLP presented the 2017-2018 audit report.
- Superintendent Costa reported on period 5 attendance.
- Superintendent Costa handed written communication to board member Richard Thompson from Board of Supervisors, correspondence for Kate Powell, Richard Thompson and John Largent from the County Registrar’s office. An invitation to the CTA board dinner on January 30th was presented to the board and the year-in-review from CSBA.
- Superintendent Costa reported there is a board member orientation on February 7th at the San Joaquin County Office of Education in the Nelson building. The county staff as well as Chet Quaide will be going over information pertinent to board member questions.
Interviews are scheduled for the Clinician position and for the Director of Maintenance, Operations and Transportation.
The district has received seven submissions for the logo contest, which will be presented to the board for their recommendation in February.
Superintendent Costa along with Kristin Tiger, CBO attended the School Services of California Governor’s Budget Workshop in Sacramento today.
A professional development day is scheduled for January 30, 2019. John Lial will be providing PD for bus drivers, Shelli Nicolas for food service staff, and teachers and instructional assistants will be able to increase their knowledge of PLCs from Tim Brown, a national PLC expert.
- Superintendent Costa discussed the financial report for December 2018.
- School Administrators reported on events taking place at their sites.
- The board approved the Consent Agenda.
- The board approved resolution 18-19-11, authorizing teachers teaching outside their credentialed areas.
- The board approved resolution 18-19-12, authorizing transfer of funds for December 2018.
- The board approved resolution 18-19-13, approving the selection of building entity, approving lease documents, and approving certain other actions relate thereto.
- The board approved the updated EHS 2018-19 stipend assignments.
- The board approved the updated EPMS 2018-2019 stipend assignments.
- The board approved a ShadowChase Running Club donation to EPMS.
- The board approved a gift donation to EHS Ag facilities.
- Assistant Superintendent Ricardo Chavez updated the board on the TK- ELA Pilot/Adoption.
- A first reading was held for the proposed board policy revisions and reviewed revised administrative regulations.