- Superintendent Costa requested to remove item 15.1 from the agenda action items, the short term assignment for El Portal Middle School is no longer needed.
- Superintendent Costa handed out an updated board meeting review agenda to all board members, and updated emergency cards.
- Superintendent Costa gave a comparison of enrollment after 8 days of school from last year August 18, 2017 and this school year as of August 7, 2018. His comparison showed the district is up 73 and the Charter is up 3.
- Superintendent Costa reported the PLC Institute was very positive for site leaders. The plan is to send EHS and El Portal teams to an institute in September. Instructional coaches, elementary sites, and Gateway will attend an institute in October. PLC speaker Tim Brown, is scheduled to speak to instructional staff on the professional development day in January.
- Superintendent Costa informed the board Stanislaus County will be making an offer in the next couple of weeks to purchase the Head Start portables.
- Superintendent Costa reported plans are in the works for adding classrooms to Collegeville Elementary.
- CBO, Kristin Tiger informed the board on a waiver for community eligibility provision (CEP) program for Food Service.
August 7, 2018 Board Meeting Highlights